Columns in Excel Add-in

Options

Version: Board 12.6

Hello,

I need help setting up a layout in the Excel Add-in.If I have two entities in the column field, I would expect one of them to lay on top of the other. But I can't get it to work. Without it, the layout is not so readable.

Setting up the layout like this, I expect to have the Month on top of Version. That is the result I would get in a Board web layout.

Without any changes in the settings, below is the default view. But in my case there's no need to add Actuals ("ACT") with Last Year ("LY") in the row totals.

If I remove the Row Totals, then I have no clue of which Month I'm looking at.

The workaround I found, is to flatten the whole layout and have all entities on Rows.
But it's not the (customer's) desired solution.

Tagged:

Answers

• Samson Sunny
    Options

Hi Samir,

I think this particular Board Table style feature "Multi-Level column headers" is not available in the Board add-in as it is part of the Custom graphical formatting. If you tried to export the layout with multi-column level headers to excel for Board Add-In it would ignore this feature. You can see the warning note before you export.

As a workaround, you could create the report with the multi-column level header layout in Board and export it via standard excel workbook instead of the workbook for Board add-in. This way the format is respected.

Thanks,
    Samson.

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    Options

@Samson Sunny, thank you, but it won't suit the customer's need.

There are too many users to have them create their own temporary layouts. They want to be able to do analysis in Excel on the fly.

I hope there's a smoother solution for this in the Board 14 upgrade.
    It's hard to motivate to the customer that there's not a possibility to see which months they are looking at.

• Zachary Turner
    Options

Hi Samir,

Feel free to add this to the idea exchange for us to review. This will give this particular customer scenario some additional visibility.

Thanks!

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    Options

@Zachary Turner, thank you.
    I will do that right away.