Cool dashboard screenshots & efforts

Options

Hi Board Wizards, could you please take a screenshot of your best dashboards in Board or one you found that was presented well? I am looking for some dashboarding inspiration. Thanks a lot!

Answers

• Zachary Turner
    Options

Hi Gary! The best dashboards I have seen are easy to click through and logically named. Obviously, you can add graphics and make it look even cooler, but I'm really big on practical/logical organization.

• Kevin Bettenbrock
    Options

Hi Gary,
    Unfortunately, I don't have a screen-shot example, but from my experience of building dashboards in the past, they really need to be well thought out to only show the information the customer wants to highlight that would spark the consumers of the dashboard to take some kind of corrective actions.
    Too busy and/or lack of enablement, and the dashboard won't be used. Similar to a large report, if the report is too large and not highlighting the point, users will stop looking at it immediately.

• Edward Ervin
    Options

Still a work in progress, tried to focus less on presenting trends and data charts and tried to focus on gaps and actions that need to carry out.

• Anish Sharma
    Options

This is a great topic, is there a repository of best practises when it comes to screen designs anywhere that we know of? Be it dashboards or planning apps? It is helpful as we do not have a dedicated resource around UX design

• Samson Sunny
    Options

Hi Anish,

There are quite a few best practices articles in the community on Screen and Reporting and How to Guides on designing Screens & Dashboards.

Thanks,
    Samson.

• Waleed Ullah
    Options

Hi Gary,

Here is a dashboard I have worked on that gives the users high level visibility, as well as keeping it dynamic and interactive for them to focus on their key metrics/filters.

I hope it helps!

Waleed