Ranking Function

Options

Hello Board Platform, I have a ranking function (cumulated value) in block b. I am then trying to create an algorithm in block c, which uses the value from block b. This block will not show. It seems if you try to reference a ranking function in an algorithm it will not show the column. Currently I am doing an export layout to textfile, reading the ranking fn block in as a physical cube with a datareader, and then reexporting the layout with the now functioning algorithm (as it now references a physical cube rather than a ranking function). Ideally I would not like to do this as it impacts performance so any help would hugely appreciated!

Answers

• Sophie Jones
    Options

Hi Gary
    It relates to the order in which board considers Blocks, Rules, Algorithms, Ranking Fns. and Nexel.

• Kevin Bettenbrock
    Options

Hi Gary,

What version are you using and what type of infocube are you using? I've been testing with a small set of data and I have been able to get the ranking to work on cube types of Single, Double, and Integer. If you would have time to look at this together over a Teams meeting let me know!

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Flora Inthavong
    Options

Hi Gary and Kevin,

I believe I ran into the same thing recently. One of the column I had in the layout did not display for no reason ( but cant remember which version). What I did is Go to to Axis Settings and tick the Show All Columns option (even if you don't have any column set up in the axis) and it worked for me. Not sure it will resolve your issue but might be worth a try in your situation.

Cheers

Flora