Aggregation: Distinct Count

Options

Hi Board Platform , I'm trying to use the distinct count function within aggregation to give me number of weeks on sale and number of stores from a sales units cube (for an algorithm). Behaviour seems really intermittent, it seems to work, but then when I put the entity I'm counting on the row (i.e. put Store on the row, count number of stores) I expect to see 1,1,1,1, but instead it just gives me the sales units. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I miss-understanding this function...?

Answers

• Sophie Jones
    Options

Hi Gary,

• Distinct count. Returns the distinct item count for the selected Entity on every cell. For example, in a report configured by Customer and Month, a distinct count function on the Entity Product will return the distinct number of products sold for each Customer detailed by month

This doesn't have an example when the distinct count is on the same entity as the rows, but surely if you were to just do a/a for a store with sales it would give the same answer if a store did have sales, so no need for the aggregation?  That may allow you to do some sort of "if" statement in the final column algorithm so it would work both ways, as a workaround.

• Scott Bloxsome
    Options

Hi Gary,

Sophie is correct, the aggregation does not work when the same entity is on the row axis, therefore and if statement with to use an a/a if this is the case within a drill down to cover this particular route.