@datetime

Options

Hi Board Platform Wizards - Wondering if anyone could help me with the following conundrum... The standard @Datetime substitution formula you can use on layout file name exports as 'YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS' - Does anyone know of a way I can amend the standard format and instead export as 'YYYYMMDDHHMM' ? A client has requested a file export have a datetime stamp but without the dashes essentially. Interested to know if there is a work around. Thanks in advance 

Answers

• Sophie Jones
    Options

Hi Gary

Is it on premise or on cloud? On premise, a batch file could rename the file. On Cloud, I'd ask cloud support. The same way we can use %%bss%% as a variable (and I imagine it's an environment variable), could they set up one with the time format you need?

• Kevin Bettenbrock
    Options

Hi Gary!
    Could you use an algorithm within the layout to remove those dashes and get the format you are looking for?

Of course, if the format ever changes for some reason, this would have to be known and the formula adjusted to fit the new format.

• Anish Sharma
    Options

I have an additional use case of @Datetime on premise where we use for export files as a suffix to the filename. If there is a way of changing the definition of the function, that would be a superb addition to Board!

• Leone Scaburri
    Options

@Datetime substitution formula is culture-sensitive, so it depends on the server's date&time configuration.