Level 200 Module 205: Issue with final totals.

Options
Jordan_Gracey96
Jordan_Gracey96 Customer
Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment
edited November 2023 in Academy

Hi, I am having issues with my final totals with the sales actual report. The values are away off the from what is shown on the course yet the percentages are an exact match. I have rebuild the procedures and report several times and am still getting the same numbers.

After inspecting the cubes after the data is published both the Sales cube and the Sales GBP cube sizes are both around 16MB where the units cube is only in the KBs similar to the temp cubes. Would anyone know why this is? I have done a quick check on the data loading in and it matches that of the course.

I think the issue is coming from the data moving from the temp cube to the sales cube, however as shown in the screenshot below matches the configuration of that in the course.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Hamza Mesbahi
    Options

Hi Jordan, when you're moving data from the temp cube to the sales cube, do those have the same dimensionality? If not, are you adding or dropping dimensions?

Thanks,

Hamza

• Jordan_Gracey96
    Options

Hi Hamza,

The ACT cube only one extra dimensions being salesperson with the remaining dimensions matching that of the TEMP Cube.

Thanks,

Jordan

• Hamza Mesbahi
    Hamza Mesbahi Employee
    April Badge of the Month 5 Likes First Comment Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    edited November 2023
    Options

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. Are you extending your domain to Salesperson in the dataflow? If not, it's recommended as best practice to set the extend option to the dimensions of the target cube that are not shared by any of the source cubes

• Yas Davoudzadeh
    Options

Hi Jordan,

I believe there is a clear cube step in that procedure, does that section work fine?

Are you able to share the dimensions/sparsity of the cubes in your data flow? If you are in the cube section of the data model, you will be able to view this in the structure tab similar to below.

Also could you please include a screenshot of the calculation domain/time offset section of your data flow in the procedure (similar to below)

Thank you,

Yas