Level 200, module 212: Running the Update P&L Procedure

Options

Dear,

My P&L Data view isn't populating when I press the Update P&L button. I checked all the instructions twice and can't seem to find a mistake. I played around a bit with a data view object of the BUD - DF - Profit and Loss Statement GBP cube to find out where the problem lies. It seems like the problem lies with adding the Month entity to the by column axis.

When I delete month from the by column axis I can see the amounts per P&L line but as soon as I add Month to the by column axis all amounts disappear.

Can someone help me out please?

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Answers

• JonathanMerckx
    JonathanMerckx Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment
    Options
  • JonathanMerckx
    JonathanMerckx Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment
    Options
  • Crystal Zhao
    Options

Hi Jonathan,

Can you please share a screenshot of the dimensions that you have for this cube by clicking the little orange cube icon next to DATA and FILTERS?

• Lorenzo Aiani
    Options

Hi Jonathan,

I think it's only a visualization issue. When placing an entity by column, by Default it is set with "Show all" option enabled. So, it is showing all the month in your selection (in your snapshot I can see Jan 21…. ). but please consider that data are on 2023. (Maybe, if you're new with Board you were expecting to see only populated cells).

You can easily check if I get the point doing one of the following:

1. scroll to the right until you get into 2023
    2. remove the show all option on columns
    3. apply a selection on Year = 2023.

Regards,

Lorenzo