Relationship changes logs

Options

Hi Board Expects. Quick question: does any of the log files provide the details of relationship changes between entity members?

A DB log shows the entity names and shows the record that the relationship was modified. Can we see anywhere the members of child and parent entities? Eg. we have Item → Item Category relationship, and we're changing the Item Category parent for one Item member. Can we see in any log the Item code and the newly assigned Item Category Code?

Thanks,

Anastasia

Accepted Answer

• Tommaso Riva
    Tommaso Riva Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi again,

In my case I have 10 products (=Less) with code 1 to 10 and 1 product group (=More) with code 001.

I have put the code in bold, the other number next to it is the description.

Regards,

T.

Answers

• Tommaso Riva
    Options

Hi @Anastasia Pesyakova,

Within the admin portal, under the section Other Logs there is also the diagnostic log.

There you can obtain the information you are looking for.

Below is an example where i have assigned the Product by default to Product Group member 001:

"2023-12-05 11:38:47.551 +01:00 INFO Administrator 681471fe-dd1c-4a3d-a252-6d7f32777627 DTB_RelationElementsSetIdx Database {"Less":"E_000201 D201 Product", "More":"E_000203 D203 Product Group", "Members":[{"Less":"10 10", "More":"1 001"},{"Less":"9 9", "More":"1 001"},{"Less":"8 8", "More":"1 001"},{"Less":"7 7", "More":"1 001"},{"Less":"6 6", "More":"1 001"},{"Less":"5 5", "More":"1 001"},{"Less":"4 4", "More":"1 001"},{"Less":"3 3", "More":"1 001"},{"Less":"2 2", "More":"1 001"}]} Relationship modified."

Hope it helps.

Regards,

T.

• Hi @Tommaso Riva, thank you! This is helpful.

Could you please clarify how I should read this record? What are the codes of Product entity members in your example?

Thanks,

Anastasia

• Tommaso, got it, thanks a lot for the clarifications!

Anastasia

• Ivano Savogin
    Options

Hi @Anastasia Pesyakova,

I definitely agree with @Tommaso Riva's answers and I'd like to add a couple more hints:
    The information you're looking for has been made available only in most recent versions of Diagnostic Log, if I'm not wrong only from Board 12.6 onwards. The log verbosity then to track what above, has then to be raised to a higher level rather than the default one (Warning).

It has to be set to "Information" or to "Debug" and to achieve this you have to select on your instance:

System Administration→Log Settings and change "Log Level" value accordingly as per image below.

Since latest version it is not even needed anymore to restart the service: Logs' verbosity can be changed in real time.

• Hi @Ivano Savogin, thank you for this info, very helpful.

When we enabled the detailed logging for one of the customers with prior 12 versions, we experienced performance issues affecting end-users, and had to disable it. Are there improvements in 12.6 in terms of performance and logging?

Appreciate your response.

Anastasia

• Ivano Savogin
    Options

Hi @Anastasia Pesyakova , thanks for the quick feedback. A performance impact must be taken into account since at least a line is written somewhere for every operation Board Engine tries to accomplish. it should not be dramatic, anyways.

The suggestion is to use "Information" level and not "Debug" in order to limit this overload and to activate, in case, debug level only when some additional investigation is necessary. it could be the best trade off between what you aim to get and the performance impact

Regards

Ivano

• Hi Ivano, got it, thanks for your recommendations!