Session Expiration Timeout

Options

Hello all,

I have a question to the following:
Does the text highlighted in green mean that the session timeout is now switched off by default?
An open Board session is not closed automatically if the user is not working in Board?

We are working with the Board Version: 12.6 Revision: 0.2.88217

Kind Regards
Stefan Batalia

Accepted Answers

• Samson Sunny
    Samson Sunny Employee
    First Anniversary April Badge of the Month Community Captain February Badge of the Month
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Stefan Batalia,

Yes this means that from 2023 Spring release (Board 12.5) there is no default session expiration timeout i.e. the session would not close automatically.

<EnableSessionExpiration>false</EnableSessionExpiration>

When the parameter is set to True, all the users who are inactive for 1 hour (default) will be automatically deactivated and you can also modify the session expiration timeout limit to less than 1hour in the below parameter.

<SessionExpirationTimeout>3600</SessionExpirationTimeout>

Thanks,
    Samson.

• Stefan Batalia
    Stefan Batalia Customer
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Samson,

thanks for your reply.

o.k., then I will test it on our development server-

Kind regards
    Stefan

Answers

• Pascal W.
    Options

Hi @Samson Sunny,

users were complaining about being kicked-out 🙂, so I was looking for the <EnableSessionExpiration> parameter in the server_config_v2.xml but could not find it. Or is it stored somewhere else?

We are running version 12.6 Rev 0.2.92430

Thanks and regards, Pascal

• Zachary Turner
    Options

Hi Pascal,

You may need to manually add this field to the file to make changes to it.

• Samson Sunny
    Options

Hi @Pascal W. ,

You would find the <EnableSessionExpiration> parameter in the BoardEngineParams.xml file. I just wanted to let you know that you do not need to add this line as it is set to "false" by default which means there is no session expiration timeout set.

Thanks,
    Samson.