SubHub : Sync to data model : add option to trigger a procedure

Options

The idea is to be able to trigger a procedure per data model once the synchronisation of the entities and relationship are done.

Often you need to do some calculation based on user Role or metadata to account for the changes, give him access to workflow he previously didn't have to.

And at the moment you have to rely on the Sub Hub user to go into Board and click a button but it may cost you a Board licence if he only manage security and be a or on a schedule task which introduce delay.

It even more important now that security filters based on cubes required to be non-empty per user you need to check for that and take action in a procedure if it happens..

8 votes

Open For Voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    Options

@Nicolas CHIGROS, maybe I misunderstood.

if your sync's are scheduled in the Cloud Admin, could you add a step in the scheduled Procedure to start the calculations?

• Nicolas CHIGROS
    Options

I'm talking of the sync made from the data model that are instantaneously send to your datamodel(s)

• Zachary Turner
    Options

So essentially, once Sync To Data Model is completed, trigger have the option to trigger another action.

• Jason Febo
    Jason Febo Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights
    Options

i noticed that our sync rule randomly stopped working. I am trying to sync the user name to an entity in a database. It has worked properly for a while now, and even says successful when triggering manually, but fails to populate the new entity member. Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

• Pontus Andersson Frid
    Options

Per Datamodel the Database security profile "Admin" cannot have any custom selection script in its Security filter for the sync of users to work from the IDP.

That is the only reason I know of…