Move specific screens from one datamodel to other

Options

Hi

Is there a way to moye specific screens from one data model to another data model? The data models are on the same server.

We have build some screens in a Capsule for data model A and want to move some to capsule for data model B.

The capsule snapshot does really do it since in this gave in whats to level B with whatever exist in A.

Accepted Answer

Answers

• Samson Sunny
    Options

Hi @Gustavo Camacho,

You can use the cloud admin portal (https://your-platform-url:8443) to move/copy screens from one capsule to the other.

Thanks,
    Samson.

• Gustavo Camacho
    Options

Yes, but in the Capsule Manager i only see that i can move the hole capsule. I just want to move 1 specific screen.

• Samson Sunny
    Options

You could try to do a screen save as from within the capsule and save the particular screen on a different capsule.

• Gustavo Camacho
    Options

Yes, but all the objects are still using the other data model.

• Gustavo Camacho
    Options

Perfect

• Mirela Simion
    Options

Once you have the screens saved in the new environment, you can change the Data model corresponding to the one you had initially

• Zachary Turner
    Options

Yeah, I prefer using Capsule Manager to move groups of screens around. Once imported you can easily change the data model in design mode as shown below:

• Gabriele Benecchi
    Options

Hello, I am doing the same but when I change the data model the layout entities disappear. Do you know what can be the problem?

Best regards, Gabriele

• Lorenzo Aiani
    Lorenzo Aiani Employee
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 14
    Options

Hi @Gabriele Benecchi,

try like this:

when you change the data model from the screen properties:

You will receive a question:

Press "NO". this will change the data model of the screen and at the same time in all the objects contained in the screen (It is not really self explaining, but works like this).

• Gabriele Benecchi
    Options

Hello Lorenzo,

if I press "NO" the first two rows are not configured (see picture 1). If i press "YES" the layout is empty (see picture 2).

Picture 1

Picture 2

• Lorenzo Aiani
    Lorenzo Aiani Employee
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 20
    Options

Hi,

do the cubes have the same Physical name in both databases (V****) ?

With the option YES: this is the expected behavior since it resets the layout.

• Gabriele Benecchi
    Options

Hi,
    yes the cubes have the same Physical name in both databases because we copied the database through windows. We would like to use the same cubes and layouts for a new branch based abroad. We just changed the name of the database.

• Gabriele Benecchi
    Options

Hi,

an additional information. When we change the Data model associated with a Capsule ( change ) we do not find both data models we need to use, original one and copied through Windows one.

• Lorenzo Aiani
    Options

Hi,

it is strange (remember it is case sensitive), I suggest you to open a ticket to our support, they can help you to verify your case

• Gabriele Benecchi
    Options

Hi Lorenzo,

solved many thanks.

The problem was the case sensitive. An additional problem one we found was that we could not name the new database with an underscore ("_") character otherwise it was not possible to choose it in the new data model field.

Best regards,

Gabriele