Rounding not working in dataflow with BOARD 12.5.1.1

Options

Dear all,

I am using a BOARD Cloud instance. I have a cube V10, type double. Since this cube manages quantity in a planning process, I need to first perform Qty: V10 = value\price then I need to round the value.

I have tried this:

1. Define a dataflow with round(V10,0)

2. Copy the value from the cube V10 to another cube with the same dimensions but integer

None of the above worked. What should I do?

Kind regards,

Tagged:

Answers

• Zoltan Csorba
    Options

Hi Giulio,

I managed to get the rounded figures calculated with a dataflow in a simple way. Would you try the following setup:

Quantity is calculated using a formula of value divided by price. This is what the b/a represents too in the dataview. I was also using a round(value/quantity,0) to the dataflow to calculate the rounded quantity in the cube.

I hope it works on your instance too?

Thanks

Zoltan

• Giulio Vialetto
    Options

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have done something similar but it does not seem to work. Which version are you using?

I am attaching some print screens. BOARD doesn't seem to be able to do ROUND, I also tried to change "," to ";" due to regional setting but it didn't work. I expect the cloud to work with the English regional setting.

• Zoltan Csorba
    Options

Hi Giulio,

Have you got the same cube structures in Value, Price, and Qty cubes? Also is cube: Qty a virtual cube or a real one? I tried the round function in both 12.5 and 12.6

Thanks

Zoltan

• Zachary Turner
    Zachary Turner Employee
    5 Likes Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Anniversary
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi! I have been testing on 12.6 and the round function has been working for me. There is a bug fix in 12.6 related to rounding, but it's when using a different function:

• Data View. When the Lock and Spread function was applied on a Data View associated with a vertically aligned Layout, the “Total”, “Average”, “Minimum”, and “Max” values displayed in the right panel of the Lock and Spread configuration window for cells containing decimal numbers were rounded to whole numbers. This bug has been fixed.

https://www.boardmanual.com/2021/summer/whats-new-release-notes/2023-summer-release/bug-fixes-minor-changes.htm

So moving to 12.6 might make a difference, however, I would try Zoltan's suggestion first.