Level 200 - module 206 --- copy LC data view only

Options

HI all,

I am trying to copy just one data view from a tab container that has 2 within it..this is the step in the training: Copy the "LC" Data View object from the "Sales Actuals" Screen, and paste the Data View Object on the "Sales Planning" Screen. This is the screen:

I select "LC" but when I use the "copy Object' from the top menu and paste into the new screen I get both tabs…

How do I copy just 1 data view from here?

Thanks for any assistance.

Andrew

Accepted Answers

• Snehal Barot
    Snehal Barot Employee
    Name Dropper 5 Likes Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Andrew,

The most effective way to copy an object within a tab, is to go into the Screen Object panel on the right hand side on the grey panel and select the object you would like to copy. In this case, I have opened up the tab and can see there are two data views inside it. After clicking on the one I would like to copy, I can then use the copy and paste functionality within Board to paste only the one data view.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Snehal

• Snehal Barot
    Snehal Barot Employee
    Name Dropper 5 Likes Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Andrew,

Glad to hear it works.

The selections being applied on the original data view (via the selectors and/or selections on screen i.e. dynamic selections) will not be carried over into the new data view; it'll carry the entire data view, without any filtering. To have the exact replica, copy the selections from the original screen into your new one.

Best,

Snehal

Answers

• Andrewi
    Andrewi Customer
    First Comment
    Options

Thanks Snehal,

Thats works!…but…one question: the data values in the object copied were not the same as in the original? Is that how it is supposed to work…you are really only copying the setup/layout?

Thanks,

Andrew

• Andrewi
    Andrewi Customer
    First Comment
    Options

Thanks Snehal...makes sense…appreciate your help on this!

much thanks,

Andrew