Level 200 - Module 209 : Can't set the code width < 1

Options

Hello,

1- While creating the Profit and Loss Categories Entity, I was unable to selt the code width to 3 as mentioned in the course instruction, I got a message saying that this value cannot be less than 10 (see the screenshot below)

course instruction

What I got:

2- Also I would like to know how to check the log (log path) to check why some records were discarded after running data readers please (see example below)

Thank you in advance !

Accepted Answer

• Snehal Barot
    Snehal Barot Employee
    Name Dropper 5 Likes Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Nour,

Thanks for raising your questions.

1. It appears you had originally set the code with to a number greater than three. Board will not allow you to reset the code width to a number than it originally was. E.g. if you set the original code with 2, it'd allow you to expand to 3, but wouldn't let you decrease it 2. This isn't a pivotal aspect of the exercise, so I would just leave the code with as 10.
    2. If you go into the Data Reader with the discarded entry, and remove the pattern you should see a file called *[Data Reader Name]*.log generated. You'll then be able to examine which record was discarded.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Many thanks,

Snehal

Answers