Display Year

Options
AFH
AFH Active Partner
First Comment Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
edited February 20 in Academy

Hello community, I looked in the substitutions formulas but couldn't find any one that can show just the year in a dynamic way, so that when I'll be in 2027 I'll have 2026 as N-1 and 2027 as N.

I tried several ways in the procedure : @Year, YYYY, @année, a and then I did a period offset.. none worked.

I did a cube with Year dimension, and date as type, I also tried text lol.

Do you have any suggestion?

Answers

• Lorenzo Aiani
    Lorenzo Aiani Employee
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 20
    Options

Hi,

you can use a dataview to do this.

In Dataview layout you can place a cube just for reference (it can contain the flag for curent year, or even nothing). Then you can play with the different options adding the year entity both in row and also in block, then with an algorithm you can calculate and display the Previous year…. then playing with all the formatting options you can show them in the screen in the proper way.

Something like (based on cube content):

or here below based on screen select (you can see that the cube is empty, it is needed only to create a layout), in rows I have the option "show all":

So final result can be:

or even:

For sure this can be driven by a Dynamic selection at screen level, based on current date:

• AFH
    AFH Active Partner
    First Comment Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    Options

Thank you so much Lorenzo for your well detailed suggestion!