Level 300, Module 302: Create a temporary validation test Screen to confirm all data has been loaded

Options
Lucien
Lucien Active Partner
Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment

Hi

I'm using the Board Academy Cloud to complete the course.

In step 15, we create a temp validation screen to check that the MANUAL - ONE TIME - Load Sales and Expenses procedure ran successfully.

My ACT - DF - Sales GBP column is empty.

I eventually tracked the error down to an [Rec.0] Error : RBT0071 Out of Memory, using a Data Reader in C:\Board\Dataset\Hierarchies and Data with a "*log*" pattern.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Accepted Answer

• Lucien
    Lucien Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Kristin

I got it working. Sales is now loading, and the totals are correct.

I changed the other Mode settings in the ONE TIME - ACT - Units and Sales Data Reader.

I left Store and Currency as is, since Expenses is working.

Cheers

Answers

• Kristin Dimitrova
    Options

Hi Lucien,

Thank you for your question!

We noticed that steps 6 and 7 of the MANUAL - ONE TIME - Load Sales and Expenses Procedure did not have the Path/File selected by default, and that's needed to run the Data reader. Please set the path to the csv files in both steps and run the Procedure again.

Let me know if this fixes it.

Regards,

Kristin

• Kristin Dimitrova
    edited March 26
    Options

Hi Lucien,

Thanks for raising this issue. We looked into it more and you helped us find an error in the Data Model preset. We fixed it and you can follow the steps in the attached file to get your data cleaned up and corrected. The time estimate to complete the steps is 30 minutes.

Thank you,

Kristin

• Lucien
    Lucien Active Partner
    Options

Hi Kristin

Alas, I followed your fix, but Sales is still empty. I'm still getting the Out of Memory error in the log file, ClarityJewelers_Sales_Data_202403.log.

Expenses are working and totaling up as expected.

Also, I'm assuming you mean Merge as the data behavior for the UTIL - FX Rates in the Smart Import.

Would the fixes be applied to a new instance of the 300 course on Board Academy? If so, is it possible start over.

Thanks

• NBE
    NBE Active Partner
    Name Dropper First Comment Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    Options

Hi @Lucien, I think you can start over. I was able the get the correct numbers

Regards

Nicolas