Level 300, Module 302: seems there is no data has been loaded

Options
Yuri Pinchuk
Yuri Pinchuk Active Partner
First Comment Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board

Hi

I'm using the Board Academy Cloud to complete the course.

In step 15, I created a temp validation screen to check that the MANUAL - ONE TIME - Load Sales and Expenses procedure ran successfully.

Both columns - ACT - DF - Sales GBP and ACT-DF-Expenses GBP are empty.

What could be the reason?

Thanks

Accepted Answer

• Kristin Dimitrova
    edited March 26 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Yuri and Andreas,

Thanks for raising this issue. We looked into it more and you helped us find an error in the Data Model preset. We fixed it and you can follow the steps in the attached file to get your data cleaned up and corrected. The time estimate to complete the steps is 30 minutes.

Thank you,

Kristin

Answers

• Hamza Mesbahi
    Options

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your comment. When taking the course, I noticed that steps 6 and 7 of that procedure did not have the Path/File selected by default, and that's needed to run the Data Reader. I highlighted the change in red. I went in and selected it to ensure that the Data Reader could run correctly, and it worked after that.

Let me know if this fixes it or if it's a different reason for you,

Kind regards,

• Yuri Pinchuk
    First Comment Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    Options

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for the advice. I noticed the empty paths, but after filling them with the appropriate selection I got different values than expected. Please, see below:

I run the one-time procedure from the Procedure section of the data model as stated in the training materials. Could it be an issue with selections? I checked FX rates - looks like all OK with them

• Kristin Dimitrova
    Options

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for the detailed information provided and the screenshots.

The data loaded is incorrect for sales and expenses. As a first step in trying to resolve this issue, can you please restart the service from the course instance landing page? (see image below) Once restarting has been completed, please navigate to your instance, MANUAL - ONE TIME - Load Sales and Expenses procedure, and validate the numbers on your Screen.

Please let me know if they are still not matching and we can schedule some time to meet and investigate further.

Thank you,

Kristin

• Yuri Pinchuk
    Options

Hi Kristin,

I did as you instructed me but the data are still not matching, unfortunately

Regards,

Yuri

• Andreas Galla
    Andreas Galla Active Partner
    First Comment First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    Options

Hi Yuri, hi Kristin,

If the data reader is running there are about 45,000 disclaimed records.
    Issue is there are other salesperson in the csv-file as in the entity.

After adding to the entity the number of salesperson increase from 122 to 254.

But the figures are still wrong.

Regards,
    Andreas

• Yuri Pinchuk
    Options

I noticed that the numbers are significantly higher than expected to be: 10b vs. 78m in expenses.

So the issue seems to be not only in the data reader

• Yuri Pinchuk
    Options

Hi,

Anyone could provide me with a way to resolve the issue?