[BOARD 12] Simple way to show flat data

Options

Hi,

Is there a simple way to show the result of this flat file into an object( via a Capsule\Screen…)?

Something like a dataview object but not for multidimensional data input?

Answers

• Kristin Dimitrova
    Options

Hello AL CONSULTING,

Thank you for your question. Based on your example, it seems that you are trying to store the Age according to Name and City. If this is the data that you are trying to load into Board, I would suggest that you load it into a Cube dimensioned by your Name and City Entities. To display it in a table format, you should use a Data View object on a Screen, use your Cube as data block a, set the BY ROW axis to Name and City, and flatten the groups level by Name within the "MULTIPLE ENTITIES BY ROW" Data View object settings. The age column will appear last to the right of the table, but the format will be similar to your flat file.

If you want to gain more hands-on development experience in Board, our "Level 200: Building a Planning Solution in Board" and "Level 300: Expanding Board in Your Organization Part 1" courses offer a wide variety of practices that teach you different ways of visualizing data.

Thank you,

Kristin

• AL CONSULTING
    Options

Thanks for your answer.

Will try it soon.

We keep in touch.

• AL CONSULTING
    Options

it works perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your support.

• Kristin Dimitrova