Displaying revenue data for bissextile year with previous year function

Options
Anis Abed
Anis Abed Active Partner
Name Dropper Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment

Hello, I am facing a challenge with displaying revenue data for bissextile years when using a previous year function. We have a cube by day, and a screen selection on the current fiscal period (March2024-February2025), a dataview that shows the revenue for N and revenue for N-1 values.

The issue regards the N-1 column on the month of February, which displays only the data from 1st to 28, without displaying the 29th day of the previous year of february 2024).

Has anyone been able to find a workaround for this kind of issue?

Best regards,

Anis

Tagged:

Answers

• Tommaso Riva
    Options

Hi @Anis Abed,

here the link to a comment thread related to your problem.

Have a look and let me know if it works for you too.

Regards,

• Anis Abed
    Anis Abed Active Partner
    Name Dropper Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi @Tommaso Riva ,

Thanks for your reply, however I tried setting the offset to -365 and -366, and still did not manage to get the day of February 29th using the previous year function

• Tommaso Riva
    Tommaso Riva Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Answer
    edited March 15
    Options

Hi @Anis Abed,

data regarding the additional day of the leap year (2024) has to be added to the previous day to the next non-leap year (2025) to ensure correct results of time function (Offset).

It can be seen that the result differs between the first column with the application of the previous year function that eliminates the additional day of leap year and the second column where the -365 offset is applied.

Regards,