Possiblility to hid an item in an entity

Options

Dear Community

The users of Board are asking if it’s possible to hid a item in a entity. Since it’s not possible to delete a item it would have been nice if we could hid them for the users.

There are some “old” items that they do not want to show in the entity when they select items the screen.

As Admin it would have been nice if we could hid the items that the users says are old and they do not need to see them.

4 votes

Open For Voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    Options

Hello @Jan Pettersen,

You can achieve this with Database Security (function in the Data Model).

Add a Cube controlling the members of the Entity.

This feature is very useful when you want to have entity members visible based on other entities, i.e. a User should only see specific Cost Centers.

• Jan Pettersen
    Options

Thank you🙂

I did not think about doing it like this

Jan

• Jan Pettersen
    Options

Hi,

I have tested on this function in board. And for some entities it's OK, but there is a maintenance that could be large doing it like this.

I would like if it was possible to marke the items in a entity that we would like to hid. The same way we hid cubes or entities.

jan

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    Options

Hi @Jan Pettersen,

In my case, I have a Settings view where the Admin marks the necessary members.

For the Admin to always see all members, the Admin needs a profile where the Filter is not set.
    If the members are not likely to be activated again, then Admin can use the profile with the Filter set, since the Admin won't need to see the members again.

Another workaround, if the Admin wants the Filter set, but also see the members in the Settings view (to be to untick), you can create a Replica of the Entity and then use a Procedure with export/import via Data Reader to mark the necessary members. The Replica needs to be in the Data view where you control which member to (in)activate.

• Atilla Özbey
    Options

Hello,

another solution could be to create a parent entity like "Status" with the members "Active / Inactive". Then add it to the screen selection (dynamic).

Regards,

Atilla

• Leone Scaburri
    Options

Hello @Jan Pettersen,

deleting an item is possible in Board but you should be aware of the consequences. Check out this article about obsolete members' management. It delves into the consequences of deleting an item and offers guidance on how to do it safely. It also describes @Atilla Özbey suggestion of using a dummy parent to quickly exclude them from the user view list.