Level 300, Module 303; Incomplete data, missing Revenue

Options
Shannon
Shannon Active Partner
Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Name Dropper First Comment

I am experiencing the same issue as another user has posted. I have gone back through the 302 and 303 exercises, I have not been able to resolve the issue.

I am getting different results for the expenses. Below are screenshots of only Expenses, one as doubled and the other that ties.

Any assistance Board Academy could lend would be helpful.

Thank you,

Shannon

Answers

• Shannon
    Shannon Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Can anyone at Board academy assist me with thoughts or possible solutions on why I am not able to get any revenue in my plan?

I am unable to proceed forward without assistance.

Thank you,

Shannon

• Mindy Waltz
    Options

Thank you for asking the question, Shannon. Our team has been heads down getting ready for Board 14 launch this week and has not answered in a timely way. Please accept our apologies. They will be back online on Monday and able to assist you. I will also ping the partner team in case one of them can jump in here with some help before then!

Mindy

• Shannon
    Shannon Active Partner
    Options

Thank you for your response Mindy, I look forward to following up on Monday.

Thank you,

Shannon

• Taylor Coroneos
    Options

Hi Shannon, I'm happy to review with you today if you're still online.

Feel free to send me over a calendar invite to tcoroneos@board.com and we can take a look together.

• Fuwei Yang
    Fuwei Yang Active Partner
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi Shannon, have you solved the problem?

• Snehal Barot
    Options

Hi @Shannon,

You're missing numbers for income, and the expense values do not not look correct to me. Could we go back a few steps and try to isolate where you might have an issue.

Could you confirm if your expense actuals match the numbers that I'm seeing on my screen?

I think the issue might lie in your 'PLN - Initialize Planning' procedure.

In our planning, we pull in numbers from our Actual data as per the screenshot below.

I would double check that you have followed the instructions for this procedure correctly. I suspect it's in a Data Flow where your issue might be.

If you can double check and if you are still having an issue please email me on sbarot@board.com and we can take it from there.

Many thanks,

Snehal

• Shannon
    Shannon Active Partner
    Options

For visibility; I have gone back through the Level 300 training course since my original post; my database was deleted based on the 30 day rule, it gave me an opportunity to start from scratch.

I have found a few areas that tripped me up, perhaps it was the way I interpreted the dialog, but its worth pointing out incase someone else in training is experiencing the same issues.

In Module 302, when I ran the Manual - One-Time Procedure for the Sales and Expenses, my revenue did not populate. I went to the Data Readers and ran the One-Time data reader to be sure it populated and also changed the File path in my procedure to the corresponding Expenses and Sales file path and re-ran the procedure. Upon refresh of the Temp-Validation screen, I had data in Revenue.

In Module 303, Planning the Expansion Forecast, Step 1 Create Dynamic Screen Selections on Version Status: Data Entry

This Dialog box is confusing, as it alludes that the trainee has already changed the Data Entry version to Forecast 3+9; however that is not the case. This doesn't get changed until Step 4, after validating the budget data.

Then the screenshot for the Planning Initialization has the Data Entry Version noted as FCST 3+9, however the trainee is asked to update the Budget Version. The Data Entry version doesn't get changed until step 4.

Hope this helps, I was able to pass the Functional testing for Module 303.