Error when pasting Excel range on BOARD Dataview

Options

Hi,

We have a Dataview in BOARD, we download it to Excel and we modify a cell of the Table. Then we select and copy the whole table, and when we paste it back to BOARD we get this error message:

"An unhandled error occurred (cod_ref:1714663289020)"

Do you know what does it mean? How we can do a complete paste of the table

Thanks

Answers

• Hamza Mesbahi
    Hamza Mesbahi Employee
    April Badge of the Month 5 Likes First Comment Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    edited May 7
    Options

Hi Jorge,

I have not seen this issue before. Normally if you copy the contents of a table with the same formatting as the one in Board, you can paste the values without any problems. What Board Version are you running? You can verify this by clicking your profile icon on the top right of your Board page like in the screenshot below. Also, have you contacted your admin to restart the server just in case this is a temporary issue?

Regards,

Hamza

• Jordi Vilamajo
    Options

Thanks Hamza,

We are currently using 12.4. We plan to upgrade to the last one in 2 months but at the moment we are running 12.4.

BR

• Leone Scaburri
    Options

Hi @Jordi Vilamajo,

that cod_ref:1714663289020 is just a "timestamp", you can find the full error message within your web log.

• Jordi Vilamajo
    Options

Thanks Leone,

Let me tell you what I did as I'm not used to consult the logs: I have looked into the Board Web Logs which are found in the Cloud Administration Portal. And downloaded the file that corresponds to yesterday.

Then I searched for the Error Code and found this:

I don't understand the message. It seems something related to negative amounts but the table is just a cube of 0 and 1. We downloaded it and just cleared one cell and copy pasted it back to BOARD.

BR

• Dorra Ben Hmida
    Options

Hi Jordi,

What was the value you put on the modified cell ? It can be too large or too small value for a Decimal.

If you input a different value does it work ?

• Jordi Vilamajo
    Options

We need to clear some cells, so we just suppressed the cell in excel. Therefore the Copy Paste was copying in fact a blank cell.

We tried to do the copy paste selecting just one cell and it worked. And also selecting few rows of the table. But we would like to paste the whole table at once and avoid having to do a patchwork every time :)

• Leone Scaburri
    Options

I see a dataview using spli&splat with some cells locked and others open for data entry, it could be difficult to manage large copy-paste from Excel. If you want a quick upload or copy/paste from excel the right approach would be using a Smart Import Object.

• Jordi Vilamajo
    Options

There are no cells locked by any security set up, they are just empty and that's why they are not yellow. But anyway, do you think that that could be the reason? too many cells with a discontinuous range?

• Tommaso Riva
    Tommaso Riva Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Answer
    Options

@Jordi Vilamajo I would never recommend pasting a range of cells from excel, especially when not all of them are open for data entry.
    In the case of a full grid of open cells, the copy action should work.
    The Smart Import object remains the best option for handling this topic.

• Jordi Vilamajo
    Options

Hi,

I understand. We will explore the Smart Import Object.

Thank you very much for your answers.

BR