Error when changing entity relationships

MSugiyama
MSugiyama Active Partner
First Comment Name Dropper Level 200: Building A Planning Solution in Board Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board

Even if I reconfigured the entity relationship, it was not reflected in the data view. The data is displayed in the data view with the original settings.

① Apart from the time entity, I created an entity named "Month Stamp". (Entity items include 202402, 202403, 202404, etc.)

②I created another entity named "Last month/this month status". (Entity items include this month, last month, and N/A)

③I set the parent of "Month Stamp" to "Last Month/This Month Status", set the parent of 202403 to last month, the parent of 202404 to this month, and the parents of other items to N/A.

④I reset the relationships and set the parent of 202404 to last month, the parent of 202405 to this month, and the parents of other items to N/A.

⑤ I reset the relationship settings, but this month's data displayed in the data view remained the same as 202403 before the settings were changed.

I think this is an error problem and am contacting BOARD support.

Regards,

MSugiyama

Accepted Answer

Answers

• Federica Antonelli
    edited May 7

Hello @MSugiyama,

A couple of questions to better understand.

I guess you are creating standard entities and not working with the custom time entity, right? Why did you create the "Month stamp" entity and not use the time entity month? If I well understood, what you need is a setting to identify which is the last and current month, correct?

• If this is the case, to obtain a dynamic "current month", I would suggest creating a cube "SET - Current month" with the MONTH dimension. With the Data Entry, you set 1 on the current month. Then you can use the time functions - Previous period value or the offset to identify the previous month.

Hope that this helps.

• MSugiyama
    MSugiyama Active Partner
    First Comment Name Dropper Level 200: Building A Planning Solution in Board Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board

@Federica Antonelli

Thanks for your comment.

① I certainly created an entity named "Month Stamp" in the regular entity, apart from the time entity.
    ②This is because I wanted to separate the month of the CSV file to be imported and the month to manage which month the imported data is from (for version control).
    The image of the CSV to be imported is
    "202403.csv"
    Project name/sales month/sales amount

Project 1/202304/100
    Project 2/202405/200
    "202404.csv"
    Project name/sales month/sales amount

Project 1/202304/100
    Project 2/202406/250

• MSugiyama
    MSugiyama Active Partner

@Shisong

Thanks for your comment. I was only changing the yellow relationships in the tree and not doing anything with the pink relationships. When I reset the pink relationship using normalization, the settings were also reflected in the data view. I was able to solve the problem. Thanks so much.