Struggle to understand NEXEL

Harry Sun
Harry Sun Customer, Community Captain
10 Comments 5 Likes Community Captain Photogenic

Hi BOARD Team,

After reading through the manual, I still cannot understand how NEXEL reference works. In our production system:

Active cell is 5.6. Formula is =[@b;-1;*]/AVERAGEIF([@b;-5;*]:[@b;-5;+12],">0").

My understanding:

[@b;-1;*] pointing to 7,162. Is it correct?

[@b;-5;*]:[@b;-5;+12] pointing to Demand layer for 12 cells. then get the average of them. Is it correct?

Why [@b;-1] pointing to Closing Stock (one row above active cell) but [@b;-5] is NOT pointing to Adjusted Suggest POs (five row above active cell)?

Thanks

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• Remo Bollhalder
    Remo Bollhalder Employee
    Third Anniversary 5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Up Votes
    Answer ✓

Ah I did not realise it is working as intended currently. To answer your question:

If you remove the sorting and filter I would assume that the row "Demand" is 5 rows above "Closing Stock"

Answers

• Remo Bollhalder
    Remo Bollhalder Employee
    Third Anniversary 5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Up Votes
    edited July 30

Hi @Harry Sun

there can be a whole range of things causing Nexel to behave differently than expected. As a quick fix you could refer to the row with the entity code instead, as your goal looks achievable with a static reference.

If you would like to solve the issue why the dynamic reference is not working please share your layout editor, including filter and sorting.

• Harry Sun

Hi Remo,

This NEXEL is working fine, which is done by BOARD developer. But I could not understand why [@b;-1;*] seems pointing to one row above the active cell but [@b;-5;*]:[@b;-5;+12] is pointing to 8 rows above (not 5 rows).

Layout , filter and sorting as following

If I make UROW visible, it looks like following

Thanks

• Harry Sun

Hi Remo,

Thanks a lot. it is exactly why. Appreciate your help.