Badge of the Month: August - Just for fun!

Holly Rieke
Holly Rieke Employee
100 Likes 10 Comments New Community Member DACH
admin
edited September 5 in Blog

August is a good time for vacation, relaxation, and rejuvenation. This month, we hope you're all able to have some fun!

Shoutout to our July badge earners, @Fethi ZERARA and @Nico Weber. As always, the Community is better because of your contributions,

We'll be announcing our next round of Community Captains soon—stay tuned! If you're interested in joining the ranks of our Captains, please comment 'I'm interested' below, and we'll follow up with you directly. Participating in the Badge of the Month program is a great way to achieve your annual give-back for the Captain program!

It's not too late to participate. Check out these previous Badge of the Month opportunities:

August question of the month

Tell the Community about your fun plans for August!

No plans for August? That's ok. Tell us something fun you did at any time this summer. I'll go first. I had an unexpected adventure last month while exploring a new area of the U.S. — kayaking with alligators!

Comments

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin

@Nico Weber This sounds amazing! Adding it to my list for new adventures :)

• Miran Saric
    Miran Saric Employee
    100 Likes 10 Comments August Badge of the Month New Community Member
    admin

Wow, I'm jealous @Nico Weber! Forza Ferrari!

• That sounds like a great experience to go to Formula 1 anywhere and the details gave a nice visual to it as well.

• Oh fun! I love the idea of this thread, Holly.

For me, a fun thing that I did this summer was go out to the Oregon Coast to hike (and I use the word hike very loosely) around the beaches and cliffs near Cannon Beach. Apparently that beach is famous for the Haystack rock featured in the movie The Goonies, but I've never seen The Goonies. 😂

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin

@Crystal Zhao I visited that area a few years back and loved it! Also - please add The Goonies to your watch list. It's a classic :) 📽️😊

• This summer, I didn't get to indulge in a lot of fun activities like Kayaking or F1-ing or Hiking unfortunately🥲..

But, one unforgettable event through the summer for me was attending one of my close friends' marriage ceremony. 3 continuous sleepless nights of partaking in different Indian rituals & crazy dance parties were simply an experience of a lifetime. Being close to all my acquaintances and just joking around with them, is the best way to make a vacation memorable, in my opinion. My body did give up due to exhaustion later, after it ended and I was sick for a week, but it was all totally worth it 😜

• This summer's been pretty relaxing so far, mostly been doing local trips around England. Visited the cliffs of Dover a few weeks back and that was great - they're even more majestic in person! Other than that, enjoying the small bursts of 'summer' that do end up hitting London when I can! Have a longer trip around Europe just around the corner which involves the Czech Republic, France and Amsterdam so looking forward to that!

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin

@Rishabh What an amazing experience (minus the week of recovery 😆)! Thanks for sharing :)

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin

@Zayaan Wasif I love taking local trips! We can sometimes forget the beauty in our own backyard 🌞. The big trip will be a nice way to round out the season :)

• Mindy Waltz
    Mindy Waltz Employee, Community Captain
    Second Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments October Badge of the Month

For the first time this summer, I joined the women's golf league at my local course. I am not a good golfer and have really only played once per summer up to this point. I have been happily surprised with how much I am enjoying the weekly outings! I met some new people, enjoyed the time outside in nature, and my golf game has gotten a little better!

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin

@Mindy Waltz Sounds like it's been a great new adventure for you this summer!

• Miran Saric
    Miran Saric Employee
    100 Likes 10 Comments August Badge of the Month New Community Member
    admin

My two highlights include finishing my fifth Tough Mudder race and spending a week with my family at the cabin!

• I travelled to my native Colombia to a small town called Dosquebradas in the coffee region. I had a nice time climbing up to the viewpoints of the mountain near my family's house, however I didn't remember it was so exhausting to get there!

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin

@Carlos Eduardo Meneses Maran What an amazing view! Thank you for sharing the beauty of your country :)