Board 11 Sunset

Product Management Team
Product Management Team Employee, Group Leader
500 Comments 100 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper
edited September 18 in Blog

Board International made a commitment to provide extended product support for Board 11 when it was released over 5 years ago. Since 2019, Board has launched 2 new generations of software. The latest version (as of the publication of this article) is the Board 14.1 release, which represents a milestone in the evolution of Board technology.

As we look forward to evolving and innovating Board technology, we will sunset Board 11 on September 1, 2025, ceasing future updates, bug fixes, and guaranteed support. This guide outlines the phases of the sunsetting plan.

Board International strongly recommends that you upgrade to the latest 14.x release to ensure that you continue to receive excellent service and support.

Sunset Timeline

• Until August 31 2025 is the Maintenance Phase
  • September 1, 2025 is the End of Support

Phase 1: Maintenance Phase

The first phase of sunsetting Board 11 is the Maintenance Phase. Until August 31, 2025, Board will only release security updates and critical fixes to the Board 11 version. During this period, the Board 11 version will no longer evolve functionally, however, you can still raise tickets with Board Support and rely on the support team for product-related questions and inquiries. The Maintenance Phase will officially end on August 31, 2025.

What does End of Maintenance mean for me?

Receiving security and critical updates for the Board 11 version during the Maintenance Phase means that your solutions and data will remain protected in accordance with official guidance and requirements until August 31, 2025. Any system-critical fixes will also be provided until August 31, 2025.

Board strongly recommends using the Maintenance Phase to build an upgrade path to the latest version available, which as of the posting of this article is Board 14.1.

Phase 2: End of Support

End of Support is the last stage of the sunsetting plan, which represents the final milestone for the Board 11 version. From this moment on, the Board 11 version is considered officially retired. The official date for End of Support of Board 11 is September 01, 2025.

What does End of Support mean for me?

Starting September 01, 2025, applications using the Board 11 version will no longer be supported by Board. This means that if you are using Board 11 after August 31, 2025, your solution will continue to function. However, patch updates and fixes will no longer be maintained or developed by Board. In addition, the Board technical support and customer service teams may no longer be able to provide resolutions or assistance for issues related to applications using the Board 11 version.

What should I do?

The recommended path forward is to upgrade to the latest Board 14.x version. The latest Board release provides enhanced performance and flexibility, improved user experience, and a variety of valuable features that deliver better business value. The Board Community offers several resources that will help you learn more about the latest version as well as guide you through the upgrade process.

Can I upgrade my existing Board 11 version to the latest version?

Yes, and it is recommended to update to the latest version of Board 14.x. You can upgrade directly to the latest Board 14.x release from Board 11 without any intermediate steps. An upgrade to the latest version is the quickest solution, and our Support and Customer Success teams are ready and available to help you during the transition.

Can I upgrade on my own?

Yes, and we have a step-by-step upgrade guide to help you so you can complete the process on your own.

If your Board expertise is intermediate or advanced, you will have no problem upgrading to the latest version independently or with limited help. Upgrading to the latest version is also a great opportunity to review, enhance, and modernize your current solution setup (Data models, Capsules, Screens, etc.).

We recommend contacting your Board Account Manager / Customer Success Manager / Consulting Partner to discuss the upgrade options and receive advice regarding the upgrade process and best practices. Board also offers several upgrade accelerators. To find out more, please contact your Board Account Manager / Consulting Partner.

What happens if I continue to use Board 11?

If you are an on-premises customer, you may choose to remain on your current version. Board 11 is now over 5 years old, during which Board has developed and launched 2 new versions that include a substantial boost in performance due to the redesigned user-friendly interface, a new generation Engine, a new Flex Grid Object, and various functional enhancements across all areas (including Data modeling, UX/UI, Office Add-ins, user management, etc.) for business users, developers, and system administrators.

For more information, read the release notes for Board 14.1.

Applications using the Board 11 version will continue to work, however, continuing to use the retired version not only limits you from the full set of benefits offered in the most recent Board 14.x, but also exposes you to potential security threats.

Additionally, Developers and Administrators of Board 11 will have limited support from the Board Support team, and the possibility to fix bugs will not be available.

Should you have any further questions regarding the Board 11 sunset and how it might affect you, please contact your Board Customer Success Manager.