B14: Enhance Debugger options

Helmut Heimann
Helmut Heimann Employee, Community Captain
250 Likes Fourth Anniversary 100 Up Votes 100 Comments
edited September 19 in Idea Exchange

Hi Team,

I was used to work with layouts in the debugger the same way as in a DataView Layout on the screen - adjusting column widths, exporting to XLS, searching for cubes to add as block into the layout…
This is the behaviour in B12

whereas B14 behaves pretty differently in those cases:

You can't export, you can't edit the layout, you can't adjust column widths.

Why's that?

Why is there so much whitspace between the layout in the debugger and the delete/modify options on the right side of the screen? Wouldn't it be better if those options were placed a little bit more to the left (as they were in B12)?

Whenever you want to add new blocks to the layout you can search—after you scroll to the right

Then, you put in your serach term

But you don't have the possibility to use the search further, hitting <Enter> will just leave you there and nothing happens. If you click the cross the search will be closed and that's it. Not very convenient. You can of course make use of the right-click option to add new blocks (which I really like)

That will offer a very convenient search—but, why does the first option lead to nirvana?

Regarding usabilty in debugging that's rather a disadvantage compared to B12.

Best,
Helmut

Tagged:
10 votes

Open For Voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Sergi Fernández
    Sergi Fernández Active Partner, Community Captain
    100 Up Votes Second Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited September 19

Hi Helmut,

Regarding the issue with the column resize, I think it should be opened as a case in Board Support rather than a new implementation idea.

It's a functionality that was previously available In Board, and it looks like a bug. Notice how both the "resize cursor" and the "guideline" appear when trying to resize the column. Everything looks alright and makes it seem as we can still resize the column, it just doesn't work.

Additionally, this behavior is also broken in the table preview. In B12 we could resize columns in the preview available in the layout, in B14 we can't.

Thank you,
    Best regards,