Update pre-existing time entities

ANKITA SAHA
ANKITA SAHA Active Partner, Community Captain
Second Anniversary Community Captain Photogenic Name Dropper
edited September 19 in Platform

I have two questions -

1. Can we update the description of pre-existing time entities using data reader?For example - In BOARD ,day entity has code = 20240919 and description = 19/09/2024.I want to replace description with "Thursday".
  2. My Fiscal Year starts from July.I want my weeks counting to start from July instead of January.So July should start with"202401" and not "202427".Is it possible to do without custom time entity?

Accepted Answers

• James Packham
    James Packham Employee
    Fourth Anniversary 25 Up Votes 5 Likes Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    Answer ✓

hi Ankita

As a general approach in Board it is best to avoid making changes to 'pre-existing' time entities like this.

1. I just checked that in B14 it is not possible to bring Date Description into a reader and it's not possible to edit the description in the back-end screen either. But I'd avoid this approach, as I say. A custom time entity parent to Day (like "Weekday") would be a good way to go.
    2. Again, I think the custom time entity approach is the best way - via a full mapping of Day to (Custom) Week to (Custom) Period or Mnth to Fiscal Yr (which can be used as a Custom time entity).

Hope this helps, although not perhaps exactly what you wanted,

Regards, James

• ANKITA SAHA
    ANKITA SAHA Active Partner, Community Captain
    Second Anniversary Community Captain Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited September 20 Answer ✓

Hi James,

the first approached I tried and it worked.Now I am looking for solution of second one