Accessibility: font size

Hi Board,

I am looking for some accessibility tips. A client of ours has an issue where most users are happy with the current fonts our Board solution works with, but they have some users who have issues because the fonts are too small for them and they can't see them.

Simply using the browser built-in functionality of Control+scrolling up/down doesn't work, everything else becomes bigger/smaller, but the fonts remain the same size.

Does anyone have any tips for me to provide a good experience to our users who have this kind of vision impairment?

Thank you!

Answers

• Lucas Charello
    Lucas Charello Active Partner, Community Captain
    25 Likes 10 Comments 25 Up Votes October Badge of the Month
    edited September 30

Hello Krisztina,

I have two ideas :

You can make it possible to drill down and show a table with less rows and then bigger Font.

This one might fit better: You can try to use tooltips so when you move the mouse over the cell, it will get bigger depending on your configurations. You can access tooltip inside the layout > Select the block you wan to add the tooltip to > Select the block that must be shown on the tooltip. You may use algorithms to display k€, % or whatever you need. The dialog symbol shows that there is a tooltip.

Let me know if this helps or not. I can try to find other ideas as well. If this solves your question, please add an "Answered = yes"!

Best regards,

Lucas

• Krisztina Zappert
    Krisztina Zappert Active Partner
    Second Anniversary 25 Likes 25 Up Votes 10 Comments

Hi,

Thank you for the recommendations!

I am actually looking for something that doesn't require me to go through all what I have built and do changes - otherwise I could just go into every screen and setup and increase the size of the font.

If there's nothing for this built into Board, I could start a new "Idea" thread with it. Just wanted to check I didn't miss anything before starting one. :)