Board restarts after a short while

Hello, In our organization we experience that users are kicked out of Board after a short period. It can be both when Board is not in use, and when we are working in a capsule. Board restart and we are thrown out of the capsule/ screen we are in and Board sends us back to the main page in Board. Does anyone have a solution to this so that one is not kicked out of the Board?

Br, Jan

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Helmut Heimann Employee, Community Captain
    250 Likes Fourth Anniversary 100 Up Votes 100 Comments

Hi @Jan Pettersen ,

what version of Board are you running?
    What platform are you on - cloud or onPrem?

Best,
    Helmut

• Sergi Fernández
    Sergi Fernández Active Partner, Community Captain
    100 Up Votes Second Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper

Hello,

We have also experienced this issue for a long time. It's happened through several versions of Board 12 and 14, and we have experienced it in different clients. I looked a bit into it, but I didn't find any CPU or RAM surges during the log-out issue, and we didn't have network issues either, so I'm still unsure about the cause.

What's for sure that this is a problem that should be looked into and fixed, as it's randomly logging out the users, making them lose any unsaved work and open Board tabs.

Thank you,
    Best regards,

• Hi, same here.

The challenge for me is that there is no warning (v.12.5) you will be logged out.

When I worked on a screen and made changes - then get logged out - the screen is logged by myself. So I need to log out again to release the screen log.

A solution would be really good.

maik

• Helmut Heimann
    Helmut Heimann Employee, Community Captain
    250 Likes Fourth Anniversary 100 Up Votes 100 Comments
    edited October 14

Hi @Sergi Fernández , hi @Maik Burghardt ,

then I'd suggest you'd open a ticket with our support to look into those issues.

Best,
    Helmut

• YP
    YP Active Partner
    Third Anniversary First Comment Level 200: Building A Planning Solution in Board Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board

Hello,

We encountered a similar issue with an on premise platform.

The issue was caused by the "content security policy" header of the "SilentRefreshFrame" which is used to prevent malicious code execution, but which actually prevented the authentification token refresh.

If you want to check, you can use the developper tools in chrome, then go to the "Network tab" and record the logs. Afterward, connect to your Board instance and check the headers of the "SilentRefreshFrame" page.

If you do not see the url of your board instance, this could cause this page to become blocked by your browser, which in turn prevents refresh of the authentification token, and ultimately to timeout after 16 minutes.

Best regards,