Board freezes when clicking on selektors

Options

Hi community,

i still have a bug on a user client:

Dell XPS 13 9360

Win 10 Pro

fresh Board 10.1.4 installation

Board opens normally, but if the user clicks on a selector, board freezes and no other operations are possible - client have to kill by the task manager.

Unfortunately, i currently have no access to the computer, but i am grateful for every hint.

Best

Paul

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Paul Stegmann,

assuming your customer already opened a capsule--since otherwise he/she wouldn't be able to open the selector--I'd look at the task-manager's display of memory consumption. Are you using a big database?

What about the user's rights--does the application have to apply many security rules in order to adapt the selection beforehand?

Are you using a hybrid approach or is the database loaded into RAM completely?

Did you check your relationships?

If you try to open the capsule on your own device--do you experience the same behaviour? Even if you're using the same user-role?

...just a few hints...

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Federico Cazzalini
    Options

Hi Paul Stegmann

check also the screen resolution and the "character zoom"; try to set 1920x1080 and 100% (remember to restart the laptop when you change these settings): does it work?

ciao,

federico

• Gerrit Kohrs
    Gerrit Kohrs Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Hi Paul Stegmann,

I don't know if that bug has been fixed, but in older versions this could happen when you had a selector configured as vertical list and the object was less than 65px in height. Then clicking on a member made the application freeze.

Kind regards,

Gerrit