Problems with uploadin data via EXCEL AddIn into a Cube

Options

Hello,

by accident a Cube was cleared and shows no data anymore. I was able to retrieve the data in EXCEL from another resource and tried to upload the data via the EXCEL AddIn. It worked, but once upon a time it doesn't work anymore.

For this cube we have a limitation, that you can only enter data in the current month. When the month is closed, you are not able to enter any data anymore.

I have to upload data for 2016 and 2017 including the actual month, but I am not able to insert any data into the cube.

Do I have to get ride of the restrinction for the closed month to upload data into the cube? Can I manipulate this direct in the AddIn, because I do not want to do this direct in BOARD.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards

Alexander G. Scapin

Answers

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

It sounds like you’re trying to load historical data to recover some lost data. If the historical data is in Excel already, maybe try saving it as a CSV file and then loading it into BOARD through an ASCII data reader. 

If the system restriction to current month is at the screen level, you may be able to just run the data reader and be back online. If the restriction is more strict, you may need to disable the restriction while loading to the historical periods. 

Good luck

• Thanks for the help of Bob Gill and Fabio Donatellis.

The cubes, which I am using are Rolap-Cubes. I will upload the data direct on the SQL Table, there I will not be faced with the problem of the "logged month".

Best Regards

Alexander