population pyramid chart: value markers improperly placed

Options

Hi,

I need to build population pyramid charts, and I meet the following issue: the value marker is placed improperly when the chart uses the option switch orientation combined with the option is Inverse for the Y axis:

the pyramid is made of two aligned charts, the one for men uses the option switch orientation combined with the option is Inverse for the Y axis. the one for women uses the option switch orientation only and doesn't display its Y axis.

The marker values for women are properly placed, whereas for the men they are improperly placed (except the last NA entity member, i don't get why...)

Has anyone already experimented this and found a pretty workaround ?

The charts need to be updated once a month, so I cannot afford using labels to display the values elsewhere .

Many thanks for your inspirations.

Tagged:

Answers

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi interested typ,

maybe you can try to solve this by using the second axis as, for example, here:

In this case, I have two blocks per layout: one is for the bar and one for the marker (exact same block but with different options/settings). The marker block has the following options: image

To get the values displayed on the left I have defined the settings as followed:

To make it look even I have applied the settings for the second chart analogous.

Hope this approach helps

Best regards,

Bettina

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thank you for your help !

a) I tried to replicate your suggestion and the result was, that the bar and the corresponding marker was not on the same height . However I don't see this issue on your screenshot so I am confused.

Anyway, I found a solution, that is switch to Web client.

In the web client, the number are not outside of the bar, but inside the bar:

This being said, I don't know if the place of the marker value can be set by a developer...

b) next chart, next question, in another bar chart, the values are outside of the bars (web client though)

all charts have the option "switch orientation" activated, which is by the way not possible in web client according to the help. image