Sorting Entity members in a selector

Is there a way to sort entity members other than sorting functionality when you create an entity?

I would like to manually sort entity members based on their relevance in a selector. my entity has around 30 members, some of which are not currently in use but are important to keep in the selector due to historical data. Entity members gets populated every night as part of data load.

Thank you

Answers

• Hi,

for Selector the standard sorting is used. So you can choose between Code, Description or Noon (sequence of Creation).

Depending of code and desc of the entity you might can use the description for soritng and the code for Display.

Or you can create a sorted parent entity in top of the exisitng one, which is getting cleared druing nightload and is populated using the original entity and a ranking cube.

regards

Björn

• Thanks Bjorn.

I will probably create a sorting table in the back end system and change entity codes.

Thanks,

Milad  

• It would be nice if we can determine the sort order per selector much like we can today with display. Although I kind a like the ranking cube idea on a parent entity but it would be nice if we can determine the sort order for the selector and the pager...

• We'd also like to be able to sort the entity members displayed in the selector object, separate from how it's sorted in other objects. When opening the month selector, users want to be able to see the most recent periods, however, they currently are first presented with historical periods (ascending order). We need to keep our month entity sorted in ascending order because we present our months across the column in ascending order in dataviews.

• Bjorn has added a good thought here on how to complete this, but if the desire to have a different method of sorting within each selector as the many thoughts are above, I would recommend raising an idea in the 'Idea Exchange' of the community for further consideration by the product team.