BOARD WinClient Not Auto-Connecting to Server through .bat Command

Options

Good morning!

I am currently trying to run a .bat file through Windows Task Scheduler to launch a Capsule that triggers a nested Call Procedure which then runs a series of Date Readers, Refresh reporting Screens, and then Broadcast the latest results to our Executive team's distribution list.  However, the .bat file will open the Client only and not connect to the Central Server.  LDAP Authentication has also been enabled.

The current .bat script is as follows:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Board\Board Client\BoardWinClient.exe" /host "BOARDServer:xxxx" sso/ "on" /Capsule "Folder \Report.cpsx"

Is there an additional parameter required to auto-connect to the specified host server?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Ford Reid

Answers

• Brendan Broughton
    Brendan Broughton Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi Ford Reid

I think you will need to specify the username and password in the bat file..after host, before capsule

@"

We also tend to put /unattended at the end too when launching this way.

But I believe opening a capsule with a screen trigger is the 'older' way of doing this (which we still do with some clients).

There is now the procedure launcher  which allows you to call a procedure directly, without having to set up the capsule/trigger, there is more information on that here 

• Alexander Kappes
    Options

Hi Ford Reid,

Brendan Broughton is right concerning the missing tags for Username, Passwort and unattended. In general the Procedurelauncher is the better way to schedule dataloading.

But your Broadcasting Steps can just been executed with the BoardWinClient.exe.

Just as additive information.

Hope it helps

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Samuele Marchetto
    Samuele Marchetto Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi,

just few checks:

- the correct syntax is /sso and not sso/

- you have to set the "run as" user of the task equal to board security user 

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi

do you use Standard Client or Auto Update Client? Cause for second case nobody can confirm to download the new version

regards

Björn

• Hello Alexander Kappes!

I've successfully been able to run the scheduled .bat file to load the data but I also need the Capsule and Screen to refresh and Broadcast once this is complete.  I need for all this to run automatically at the end of each business day so that our Executive team receives a PDF for the end of day results.

I originally ran the BOARD Procedure Launcher for Data Loading using the following syntax in the .bat file:

"C:\Program Files\Board\Board Server\Tools\BoardProcedureLauncher.exe"  /host "BOARDServer:9700"  /sso "on"  /Procedure "Date Refresh"   /DataBase "dB"

Then I used the changed it to launch BoardWinClient.exe and Capsule trigger with my Nested Call Procedure to Load Data, Refresh Screen, and Broadcast:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Board\Board Client\BoardWinClient.exe" /host "tgssvrboard:9700" /sso /capsule "Ford Reid\Auto Report.cpsx"

Is it possible to call multiple commands in a .bat file?

Can I create a script for the 1st command to launch the procedure to load the data and the 2nd to launch the BoardWinClient.exe with the Capsule trigger for Screen refresh and Broadcast?

Thank you for all the assistance!

Ford Reid

• Alexander Kappes
    Options

Hi Ford Reid,

for sure you can insert two statements into your batch file. When you firstly insert the Procedurelauncher and afterwards the Client Call it wouldn´t been a problem, because the client call starts when the launcher has finished.

Alternatively you can also run the whole job from the winclient. You just have to link the loading procedure into the called screen as on open trigger and when the loading finished you can also open screen with boradcast and run this procedure within one call and triggered from the loading procedure. But this is only working for the WinClient.

Hope it helps

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Dietmar Jeschkeit
    Dietmar Jeschkeit Active Partner
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Options

Hi Ford,

as far as I know the first screen of a capsule (the one you specify in capsule properties) is not able to launch a trigger. You must insert a second screen into your capsule, place the trigger on it and then you have to insert the specific screen into your batch.

BoardWinClient.exe" /host "127.0.0.1:9700" /username "admin" /password "admin" /capsule "folder rigger.cpsx" /screen "screen1"

• Brendan Broughton
    Brendan Broughton Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

I was advised many years ago that a trigger does run from the home screen but only when called unattended, not when the capsule is opened by a user.

-

djeschkeit wrote -

<https://community.board.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: BOARD WinClient Not Auto-Connecting to Server through .bat Command

reply from Dietmar Jeschkeit<https://community.board.com/people/djeschkeit?et=watches.email.thread> in Administer BOARD - View the full discussion<https://community.board.com/message/2710-re-board-winclient-not-auto-connecting-to-server-through-bat-command?commentID=2710&et=watches.email.thread#comment-2710>

• Dietmar Jeschkeit
    Dietmar Jeschkeit Active Partner
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Options

You are right Brendan,

sorry it's too long ago that I used this method. Using BoardProcedureLauncher since many years.