How do you load data from a postgreSQL dB?

Options

Greetings everyone,

I'm a brand new user to BOARD software and am simply trying to connect to some of our various data sources including our IT Ticketing system powered by Service Desk Plus ManageEngine.  I've downloaded and installed the PostgreSQL ODBC connectors and was successfully able to configure and test the connection within BOARD, however, the data will not load using the MDX Federator tool.  Once I save and connect, I receive an error message stating: Cannot load cubes: empty or not available database.  I previously have been able to connect via Sisense and Power BI so I know the dB is available and that the tables are loaded.  I've attached a screen shot of the current configuration.  Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ford Reid

Answers

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

I haven’t used it much, but here is an article where folks are discussing when to use the mdx federator

Load data from Analysis Services using MDX Federator or OLEDB Connection

• Thanks everyone!  Turns out the original postgreSQL config I generated was correct, however, I just needed to build the connection on the BOARD server and not the desktop client.  Once created there, this allowed me to see the postgres ODBC connection in the Date Reader/ODBC Drop down within the BOARD client. 

This also brings up another question, do all server/local data source connections need to be configured through the BOARD server first as best practice?  The only other data source connection adapters I see are the Cloud adapters found in the Extract manager in the Data Fast Track tool.

Again, all your replies and assistance are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ford Reid