Error - The requested database is currently being modified by another user. please try again later.

Options

The message appeared yesterday afternoon on some screens in the capsule other screens in the same capsule work without the error message.

I have restarted the service but this did not resolve the issue.

What can we do to resolve this?

Answers

• Daniel Zillmann
    Daniel Zillmann Active Partner
    First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Photogenic
    Options

Hi Olu,

I have been getting this error message when there is a problem with the screen selection, it might be due to a dynamic selection for your screens. Disable the selection for an entity and then see if that helped, like that you should be able to find out which entity selection is causing the issue, if that is the problem.

Cheers,
    Daniel

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for suggestions, but I cannot even access the screen selection function, Iimage get the same error message.

• Sebastian Gurt
    Options

Hi,

in my experience this is a problem with the screen selection - and more specifically a selection on an entity which does not exist in the current database.

This can happen when you switch a capsule to a different database or a different version of your database where this entity does not exist. The screen tries to apply the selection and it results in this error message.

Possible solution: change the capsule back to the "correct" database and remove the problematic selection -> save the screen.

BR

Sebastian

•  I have not changed the database or created a new entity 

• Federico Cazzalini
    Options

I agree with Susanne Rossow

when i had this issue, 99% of times it was related to missing relationships: bottom-up or top-down.
    pay attention also to the time-tree relationships.

regards,

federico