Customize File Name Export

Options

HI,

Can Board customise output file name when Dataview Exported with procedure?

Example:

Dataview-date.pdf

sales-10012018.pdf

Answers

• Hello,

According to help.board.com, you can customize the extracted file using windows environment variables of the server

Path/File. defines the name of the extracted file. Note that it is possible to use in the path/name of the file, Windows environment variables such as  (i.e. "%userprofile%\desktop\board_data.txt") and also Board substitution formulas such as @username (for example, "%userprofile%\desktop\board_data_@username.txt").

Regarding the dataview name for the exported filename, you could:

1. create a new entity called "screen_to_export"
    2. insert manually one member for each screen you want to export later
    3. in each of these screen, select one single member of the "screen_to_export" entity corresponding to the screen
    4. in the export path of the procedure action, set the filename using the substitution formula, e.g.: \YourExportFolder\@screen_to_export.txt

I haven't tested it, just an idea

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

Hi interested typ,

Unfortunately, I believe to recall that only the substitution formula @user or @username work in the export path at the moment.
    But this is to be confirmed by a BOARD consultant.

• Brendan Broughton
    Brendan Broughton Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

I'm not sure if you have Broadcast, but I have used that for a client purely to generate pdf's with customised filenames including entity selections and dates (and just not set up the email part).

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

Hi Brendan,

That's great news!

I believe the issue I encountered was in the "export to layout", while I never tried it during broadcasting.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Hi,

only the substitution formula @user or @username work in the export path at the moment.

If this is true, then the help page I quoted above is wrong