@Pager Restriction

Options

Problem Statement: Please suggest me how to put pager Restriction on Dataview?

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Input: There are two data view on screen, dataview 1 should show changes while pager is applied and dataview 2 should not show any changes when pager is applied. 

Output: Pager effect should be shown on first dataview while no effect of pager on other dataview.

Answers

• Unknown
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi ABHIJAT SINGH one option is to use the Select in the second DataView Layout:

In my example I have set the month Selection to always show 12 months of one year:

So, whatever selection is made on a Month Pager (for 2015 only in my case) on the screen, the second dataview will always show all 12 months of 2015.

One downside to this method is that the selection is hard-coded on the second DataView - i.e. it won't be dynamic for 2016!

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi,

Phil Give you the better solution. There is another way that do not need  hard-coded selection, but has some limitation.

1) Put an object container on the screen

2) Set the container as "ATO enabled"

3) Put the pager into the container

4) put the dataview you want change with pager into the container

5)put dataview you do not want change outside the container

This is the output:

Limitation:

• It do not work with time entity in the pager
    • The dataview into the container do not show any value until you select an occurrence in the pager
  • Unknown
    Options

Hi Davide Corbetta I agree - that's a better solution!

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Phil Marshall,

you could make the selection a dynamic one using a mapping cube, as well as referring to the current year and apply the appropriate layout-selection in a procedure triggered on open page or on a pager on the screen.

But it should be kept in mind that such layout selects are not easy to maintain and the applied selection ist not visible to the end-user.

Kind Regards,

Helmut