Extract Users List in Procedure

Options

I'm looking to build a procedure that clears down an entity which holds the users of our platform, programatically extracts the current user list and then loads it back into the entity.

I've been able to do this manually by using the 'Export User List' function in the security screen, but I would really like this to be a procedure that I can run (say once a day) to account for joiners and leavers.

I have Board cubes that are dimensioned by user so I'm keen to keep the list current. 

Any ideas?

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Helmut Heimann Employee
    March Badge of the Month February Badge of the Month Community Captain April Badge of the Month
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hi Neil Chapman,

I'd suggest you opened a new idea in the Ideas section. There currently is no direct way of doing this programmatically. But, you could use the system's logfiles (namely the user logs) which will be found in %BOARDPATH%\Dataset\Logs\Users. There are files for

• created users
    • modified users
    • removed users

and a login-log.

"created - removed" will give you the currently active users you are looking for.

Of course--this will mean defining datareaders and -flows, but after all, you were looking for a programmatic solution, weren't you? ;-)

Kind Regards,

Helmut

•  Thanks Helmut, I will definitely give that a go. Sounds like it should work to me!

I will also raise an Idea in that section.