View to show a webpage

Options

I'm trying to put a viewer into a Board screen to show a webpage based on a URL that is in a cube. 

This works perfectly in the Client (see client view) but is completely blank in the Web (see Web view). 

(I've set it to point at a BBC news story to demonstrate).

Anyone got any ideas why it might not be working?

Answers

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi,

from a technial point of view Winclient is using an instance of IE to display the Website, in HTML5 it's displayed in an iframe. For iframe there is a certain option (X-Frame) that a creator of an website can decide if his website is allowed to be displayed within an iframe or not (so he can prevent the usage of his page on a different website). And it seems this option is set for BBC news.

regards

Björn

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for getting back to me. I think it is an issue with calling a URL from a cube in the brower. 

I've pasted a picture below of two viewers on the same page. One calls in the URL from a cube, the other typed directly into the viewer in the board client and viewed on the web. It seems the viewer is able to render a webpage in the web view, but not if the url is coming from a cube, which seems odd.

Neil