Dynamic display order for folder containers

Options

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do the following:

I have 2 folder containers on the same screen. I superpose them and have a button that aim to display either one or the other (i.e. when clicking the button, the chosen container is brought to the front).

In order to do that, I created a flag cube. If the entity corresponding to a specific folder container is set to 1, then it should be brought to the front. My problem is that I don't know how to bring it to the front (I know how to show/hide a label but I'm not sure how I can do that with a container.)

Thanks in advance for your help !

Answers

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi,

there is no way to choose the "active" Folder by an cube value. So the users still have to click to the folder header to change the "active Folder"

regards

Björn

• Hi Björn Reuber,

I didn't mean to switch from a tab of the folder to another, I meant to switch from one folder container to another (ie. put dynamically an object in front of another or dynamically hide an object).

Best regards.

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Aurore Lb, I would achieve this by having two screens that are identical in every way apart from one shows folder 1 and the other shows folder 2.  The button on the first screen opens the other screen (same tab) and the same button on the second screen opens the first screen (same tab). I would label the button according to which folder you want on top (so essentially becomes a toggle between two screens).  This will then appear to the user that the desired folder is on top, but within the same screen.  I appreciate it is not 100% what you were expecting, but end result is the same without too much more effort.

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Aurore Lb and Phil Marshall,

that's how I've done it in customer projects--giving you the opportunity to apply different screen-selects as well.

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Unknown
    Options

Agreed - I great way to get the benefit of a different selection on each folder

• Hi Helmut Heimann and Phil Marshall,

Thanks for your answers.

This is actually the solution I finally implemented as I didn't know how to do it within a single screen.

I was wondering if there were a way to do so in just one screen, and if it was a better option. Now I have this answer :-)