Bubblechart goTo Capsule on bubbleclick

Options
Previous Member
edited April 2020 in Platform

Hello there!

I have a Home screen with a bubble chart as follows:

Those bubbles represent projects and if I hover over one, it shows me some more infos like projectnumber, customer, customer adress etc...

What I want is a function , so if I´m clicking on one project bubble, it should

• save the specific project selection,
  • change the caspule,
  • go to a specific screen
  • and on this screen it should apply the selection I did on the bubble first.

I know its a lot of stuff but I need to know whether its possible or not.

As always a huge thanks to all in the community ! 

kind regards 

Antoni Theodorou

Answers

• Björn Reuber
    Björn Reuber Employee
    Community Captain First Answer First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi,

nearly all should be possible using drill function

• save the specific project selection,
    • change the caspule,
    • go to a specific screen
    • and on this screen it should apply the selection I did on the bubble first.

So if both screens are in the same Capsule you can do this directly using "drill to screen" withn the bubblechart:

Drill Settings:

Result:

Regards

Björn

• Hi Björn Reuber,

out of curiosity I tried doing the drill-to-screen from the bubble chart. And it seems to only be working in edit mode, not in design mode. The feature works fine for dataviews, so that's not an overall problem.

Any ideas?

BR, Ray

• Björn Reuber
    Björn Reuber Employee
    Community Captain First Answer First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Ray Martens

a drill to should also work in user mode (it is working, I just tested it in my environment).

Did you saved the change to the screen (setting drill to screen)? Which option is selected in "Bubble Chart Options"?

Cause if you choose Rubber Band or Move a drill isnt working

What happens if you make a right click to a bubble?

regards

Björn

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Björn Reuber,

I checked those things, restarted Board but to no avail. This is what I was getting when right clicking on one of the bubbles in design mode:

Then I tried different types of clicking on the bubble and the doubleclick did it

Thanks for the input!

BR, Ray

• Björn Reuber
    Options

sorry, my fault. I didnt mentioned that you need a doubleclick here (like in other charts)

• not your fault. Thanks for your input. I'm still learning new stuff.

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Antoni Theodorou,

if you want to change the capsule you'd need the "procedure action" in the "drill settings". If your second capsule uses another database, you can't forward the applied selections--and I think, even if it were the same database you will not be able to forward the selections.

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Paul Wyatt
    Options

Hi Helmut Heimann,

I was intrigued by the OPs question and wondered on how possible this would be in principle.  Naturally, I do not know the data being selected and what would need to be saved, selected or passed between the 2 instances in discussion. 

The first issue of opening a capsule from another capsule could be achieved using a hyperlink.  I have created a model that dynamically determines a hyperlink dependant on entity member being selected.  In my case, it opens a document within a cloud storage repository but the principle would be the same.  My initial test of the concept was successful.  Additionally, using the BOARD Viewer, users are able to operate two or more capsules at the same time which can lead to some very exciting outcomes for managing disparate models or creating 'peek throughs'. 

The second issue of passing selections between models could be achieved using ROLAP to place the selections into a relational table within the RDB or even csv file extracts.  The user could then open up the required capsule and apply  selections based on cubes, drawn from the ROLAP or csv sources created from the first capsule.

Admittedly, such a solution incorporating these 2 suggestions would need very careful planning and there would be some serious user rights and multi user issues to consider.   Regarding multi users, one solution could be to make use of @User security in the database setup and so making all saved data and selections pertinent to the user only. This would also have the added safety of never writing over another user's saved settings.