A little timebar problem

Previous Member
edited April 2020 in Platform

Hello there! 

I have a little problem with my timebar selection and I don´t really know how to solve it.

I have a dynamic selection on month ( current date and period) so that my dataview is only 

showing me the actual month july.

the little problem is, if I start to select a different month in my timebar, from july back to any other month the values in my  dataview stay the same, so the selection was not succesfull.

If I now klick on a year below, it selects me the whole year and it shows me correct values.. even if I shrink the selection again back to month it magically works fine. 

There must be a way so the selection works fine from the beginning.. I´m pretty sure I did something wrong

As always a big thanks to you and 

kind regards 

Antoni Theodorou

Answers

• Andrea Florio
    Andrea Florio Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited March 2020

hi Antoni Theodorou,

do you have a dynamic select on month? you could take off dynamic selection by clicking on the attached pointimage

Reguards

• Yes as I described, I have a dynamic selection on month and I also need it. The only problem is if i slide the month in my timebar back to any other month it is not chaning the values in my dataview.

• Andrea Florio
    Andrea Florio Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes

Antoni Theodorou do you check the manual? http://help.board.com/

Beacuse if i have a dynamic select i can to choose a different month too.

Regards

• Hi,

The TimeBar selection should override the screen selection and therefore, if the dataview has data to show, then it will show it.

However, there can be a couple of reasons why the dataview is not showing data:

- there is nothing to show for the selection

- the layout is hardcoded with a selection or refer to

Can you visualise the other than July data with another type of time selector on screen?

• As you have a dynamic selection based on a cube you cannot really override this by dragging the sliders - the cube remains the same in values - you need to adjust the values in the underlying cube to make the selection shift - I know TimeBar has some issues in following the behavior described in previous answers esp. on the web... I do recognize your described behavior with the clicking of the year - we decided not having the TimeBar until this control is fixed...