Hide grand totals | Changing the language of time axes

Options

Hey everyone! 

I have a dataview with downtotals activated, as i needed. But the problem is that I don´t want

to see the grand total..Is it possible to hide it? 

Second problem is, I have months on my x-axis..timerange setup is on german but it still shows everything

in english..

As always a huge thanks and have a nice day!

Kind regards 

Antoni Theodorou

Answers

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hello,

I don´t want to see the grand total..Is it possible to hide it? 

currently, it is not possible.

An idea has been opened for this point, you can vote it up.

I have months on my x-axis..timerange setup is on german but it still shows everything in english..

could you show a screenshot of your x-axis result ? of the layout "Axes" tabs ?

could you show a screenshot of the select window of the month entity members ?

Regards,

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Sure, imageimageimage

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

timerange setup is on german

does it look like this ?

• No the language is set to german

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

in my opinion, I guess someone changed the language from English to German (1) without clicking on Clear database & Reset Time Range (2), probably because this person was not very willing to clear all data of the cubes.... I can understand this. It is only a guess, maybe you know the person who switched languages in the DB time range, and  can ask her what he/she did exactly.

result of Action 1 (switching from English to German) is the translation of the entities' names only, but not its members. E.g. Month > Monat , but May 2018 stays May 2018.

result of Action 2 is: the whole cubes of the database are cleared and May 2018 is translated into Mai 2018.

Now you may think that BOARD is not very flexible, because it requests to clear all cubes to get a translation of time entities, which is not that pretty indeed. This is not 100% true, there is a workaround using datareaders.

You can build datareaders loading the (for example) month entity, and do set the "replace" option for the description of the time entity.

This datareader will replace the current description of month' entity members by the new one coming from the query.

The datareader may be a SQL datareader, but also another kind (ASCII....).