Selector and Pager options

Options

Its me again!

Is it possible to disable the function of selecting multiple entity childs in my selector? 

and if I have a date pager with 2016,2017,2018 and i want to always start with  2018 if the user opens the 

screen, how can i manage that?

Big thanks as always!

Have a nice weekend!

Answers

• William Le
    William Le Customer
    First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Antoni Theodorou

You can use 'Page' control to allow user selects only one member at the same time, when config the "page' you need to check 'No All'.

To config the initial selection when open screen, you can  config the selection of the screen use the selection. Or you can make a procedure and use selection action in it, then assign this procedure to the Screen Open Trigger.

• Unknown
    Options

Re second question regarding the Pager - use the 'Select Member' button (shown above in William Le reply). This allows you to choose the member that appears by default in the Pager when you navigate to the screen.

Regarding the first question, you might like to create a cube by just the Entity you would like to select and populate it with a 1 for every member.  Now you will be able to create a procedure (on a button) that gives the user an interactive selection for this Entity together with a logical test:

• If the user selects more than one entity member then the value in your single dimension cube will be greater than 1, so you can provide a message to the user that they have selected too many entity members (because the value in the cube is >1) and the procedure will exit (and they can then try again).
    • Alternatively, if the user selects a single entity member then the test will pass (i.e. the value in the cube is <=1) so the selection made is valid and applied to your screen.

See also Require Single Member Selection on Selector