Can I create dynamic Link or dynamic URL?

Options

Can I create dynamic Link or dynamic URL? If I want to create layout or dataview like the image attached.

I want to create buttons in the block that can click to open file on the server with dynamic entity member , for example Section.

Is this possible?

If yes, how? 

Thank you.

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Helmut Heimann Employee
    March Badge of the Month February Badge of the Month Community Captain April Badge of the Month
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Surat Sritomya,

yes, that's possible. But, not directly in the layout displaying the data. This layout should be made "master-object" thus defining the entity member (in your example the Section).

You would then need to configure a viewer-object to display the file.This viewer object should have a layout defined with an algorithm to build up the link, concatenating the file-path and the name of the file depending on your selection. The resulting string should be the "action-value".

If you select one row in your dataview, the selected row will give you the entity-code for the layout behind the viewer object,

since it is a master-object.

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

You may also want to load those files into a BLOB cube. By loading them into a blob cube, you'll be able to add/edit excel files from within BOARD.

• Thank you.

• Thank you. I will try your solution.