DataView, creating a table help?

Options

Is it possible to make a table as such in BOARD (image attached)

Could someone guide me in terms of what I should lookout for the in the development of the dataview.

I will have data for the manager, employees, employee targets, current revenue, % target ( which is a column algorithm current revenue / employee target *100)

Please any help will be most welcomed !!

Tagged:

Answers

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    Options

yes, it's possible

i would suggest to create 2 indipendent entities 

Employee (with the list of all employees)

Data type, that can assume the 3 different indicators.

then set the dataview with employee / data type by row

you can use rules to calculate some lines of data types.

• To make it more clear, these are the entities and cubes I have access too. I don't have access to create entities.

Data

Employee Target - Cube

CY revenue - Cube

Employee - Entity

Manager - Entity

% Target - Algorithm     [ (CY revenue/Employee target)*100 ]

Axes 

Manager

Employee

Quarter

Year

I am unable to build the table I desire.

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Shoaib Maroof,

I think, what Daniele Di Lorenzo was trying to point out is that you would have to change your model to an account based one (what he referred to as data-type), thus resulting in one cube structured by manager->employee and data-type (target, revenue, % achievement)--and time of course. This data-type will have rules built on it to define the neccessary calculations.

Have a look at this document How To: Choose whether to define an information as an Entity or Infocube for further information.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thanks Helmut Heimann for added (and more precise) information 

this for sure is the best way to obtain exactly the view as you asked for.

I suggest some different perspectives:

Having not access to db tools, you can act as following.

set a view with manager / quarter by row and figures on blocks (column)

Nr of empl     Target      revenue.....

manager #1

Q1

Q2

manager #2 

Q1...

Easy to realize and flexible to use.

in the same screen you can e.g. place 2 views , one with the totals and one with the details

Or

a) only manager by row and quarter by column ..or in axes or using detail by fuction (allow more flexability, eg you can group the total infos in the left part of the report and the "detailed by" ones at right.

Using "fake" blocks you can group better the detailed by informations or using buttons with preset drill down or go to screen .. so the users can interactively start the analysis frm sum data and go quickly on detail

See the image, this is a report with eterogeneous infos with a combination of detail by options, buttons...

b) try use layout vertically aligned, but I don't like it so much, it's not so flexible

hope this helps

• Thank You, I will look into this solution

• Also, I have a table that shows employees and % of their target across the months of the year.

Employee       | Jan   | Feb   | Mar   | Apr   | May

employee 1       0%     0%      0%       1%     0%

Daniel               0%     0%      29%       8%    1%

employee 2       0%     0%      0%       0%     1%

I want to show using alert those who are blow 100 % as red and display 0%. However, with an employee like Daniel who started in March, I would like to show Jan and Feb to be vacant and not 0%.

Currently switching off the 'Hide Zeros' function, results into the table above.

What I would like to see is for those to be vacant, but still be able to identity those who are not reaching their target, i.e. on 0%

Employee       | Jan   | Feb   | Mar   | Apr   | May

employee 1       0%     0%      0%       1%     0%

Daniel                                     29%       8%    1%

employee 2       0%     0%      0%       0%     1%

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    Options

Hello

enter a very small valie, such as 0,00001. So it will be viewed as 0 

• This will be done manually?.

Is there any way to automate this ? Where the view can distinguish between those who have 0% and a target. And those who have no target and so an empty field rather than being 0%.

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Lets say for row 3 only, where the employees percentage of his target is 29%.  Jan, Feb, Mar, April should be vacant rather than 0%.

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Shoaib Maroof,

have you tried to tick off "show zeros" in your block and "show all" in your axes?

If both are set to "off", you should get your desired result for emtpy cells.

Kind regards,

Helmut

• Helmut Heimann Great thanks, this works for me.

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi,

this is what it looks like currently. It is what I desire but the grand totals do not match up.

When there is a figure in every month then the totals work.

If some months are missing it isn't calculating properly. This is the same whether the empty months are set as zero or not.

It is not basing them all on 12 months either so cant work out the issue.

Also, for another data view I want to be able to count the number of BDM targets, I am using the formula if(a>0,1,0) but doesn't work.

Kind Regards,

Shoaib Maroof

• Hi Shoaib Maroof,

I'm not sure where your problem remains. Could you post an Excel export of the dataviews (anynomising the data) and highlight the problems there?

BR, Ray