Sorting

Options
Previous Member
edited April 2020 in Platform

Hi Expert,

I am having this scenario, I just want to sort the data ,Means sorting needs to be applied numbers only, not group by cost center.Any Help in this regards.

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Helmut Heimann Employee
    March Badge of the Month February Badge of the Month Community Captain April Badge of the Month
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Prakash Singh,

just click on the header of the column containing the data you want to sort--you can do so ascending and descending.

If you want to sort your data directly you can do this by using the sort-option in the layout configuration (tab "Filters").

Regards,

Helmut

• Thanks for the reply.

But this Sorting happens for inner most entity in the axes. I want to get the Top $ irrespective of entities in the axes. So if I have Month along with other entities in the axes with Month being the inner most. I will get sorting Month - wise. I want to show Top $ overall.

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Prakash Singh,

if you want to sort the data regardless of entity grouping (and not only inside a group) BOARD would have to break up the grouping defined by the entities' hierarchies. Even if you switch the dataview to "flattened mode" this will not happen.

And I must admit anything else would be absurd and irritate the end-user.

The only way around that would be to enhance your dataview with each entity (as an additional block) that is used in the axis and leave only one entity by row--but, as I said that's not user-friendly in any way.

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Thanks for your kind reply, please keep in touch in future.