Navigating from one capsule to a specific screen in another capsule

Options

Hi All,

I am trying to find a way to navigate from one capsule (A) to another capsule (B) but instead of landing on the default screen of capsule B I want to navigate to a specific screen within that capsule.

Currently I have built a procedure that uses 'Go to capsule' and then 'Go to screen' but since I am in capsule A the only screens I can choose in the drop-down are those from capsule A. There is no option to choose the screens in capsule B because I am not in that capsule.

I have taken this one step further by going into capsule B, making a 'Go to screen' action with my chosen screen and then copying the action. I have then returned to capsule A and reopened my first procedure and pasted the 'Go to screen' action into it.

I now have a procedure that takes me to capsule B and loads a specific screen instead of the default screen.

When I run this procedure in the client it works and I arrive at the chosen screen in capsule B (the default screen does appear momentarily before loading the chosen screen).

When I run the same procedure in the web I am met with this error: "The chosen screen does not exist inside this capsule". I ideally need this to work in the web so end users can navigate.

It seems Board doesn't like my workaround of copying an action in one capsule and pasting it in another capsule's procedure but this is the only option I can think of.

Has anyone come across this issue before and come up with a solution?

Thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Mitchell,

in your walkaround, did you put also the step "go to capsule" before the copied step "go to screen"?

Regards,

Alessio

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Mitchell Tompkins,

if you want to navigate from one capsule to another capsule's screen in the web environment you could try to use the URL settings within the label object:

Additionally, you can add an action value in the label layout so your navigation will be dynamic by using e.g. a text cube with the URL or an algorithm.

Make sure your target capsule has not hidden the screenlist.

Hope this gives you some inspiration

Best regards,

Bettina

• Hi Alessio,

Yes the 'go to capsule' step in the procedure is before the copied 'go to screen' step.

• Thanks Bettina,

I'll have a play with the URL feature and see if I can get this to work.

Regards,

Mitchell

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Bettina Clausen,

Thanks for your help previously. The URL feature is really useful but I've found it always opens a new tab.

Do you know if it is possible to make a URL open in the same tab rather than opening a new tab?

I've tried using javascript to make the URL open in the same tab: window.open("MY URL","_self") but I am met with this error:

Do you know if Board supports javascript in this way or will a URL always open a new tab?

Thank you for your time.

Mitchell

• Hi Mitchell Tompkins,

I couldn't manage to solve the problem directly in the URL form either.

Instead, I used in a label the HTML syntax

<a href="https://board.com" target="_self">This is a link</a>

to open the link within the same tab.

Perhaps this can help you

Best regards,

Bettina

• Hi,

I have the same question than Mitchell (go to the screen of another capsule) but with the client version (not web) with transmission of some parameters), there is no way to do that ?

Regards,

Nicolas

• Ravichandra Aj
    Ravichandra Aj Active Partner
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited March 2020
    Options

Nicolas Boudry

it is posssible in client. 

steps to do :

just write a procedure in first capsule and write a client-side command and include your parameters where you are mentioning your second capsule particular screen . 

call this procedure in your first capsule using button or label. 

it will redirect to your second capsule particular screen.

I hope it helps.  if you have further query let me know 

Regards,

Ravi

• Hi Ravichandra Aj , can you share example of Command used in Client-Side Command input box.

Warm regards,

Malav Shelat